MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 Americaâ��s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
Incumbents in this position perform various duties to assist the professional nursing staff with routine patient care needs, communication, comfort, safety, documentation, and treatments. Works under direction and general supervision of the Nurse Manager, Charge Nurse, or Registered Nurse as required and according to established nursing policies and procedures. Ensures quality and safe delivery of care to patients in the following age groups: All ages - Neonate, Infancy, Toddler, Preschool, School Age, Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatric.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. BASIC PATIENT CARE: Provides patients with physical, emotional, and spiritual care using appropriate resources according to nursing policy and procedures (i.e., bathing, bed making, positioning, ADLs, skin care, incontinence care, constant observation, and toileting rounds every 2 hours).
2. TREATMENT/PROCEDURES: Administers treatments and procedures as ordered by physician as delegated by the registered nurse in accordance with established policy and procedures (i.e., vital signs, collecting urine, sputum, and stool specimens, TEDs, admission and discharge.
3. PATIENT ENVIRONMENT AND SAFETY: Follows and adheres to standards of infection control in the care of all patients. Reduces risks to patients, other employees, and self through use of proper PPE, hand hygiene and body mechanics. Demonstrates workplace pride by maintaining patient areas in a neat and orderly condition (i.e., answers call lights in a timely manner, stocking or empties and fills linen carts, and keeps table tops free of trash). In the event of emergencies (fires, Code Blue, Rapid Response, Code Purple, Code Pink and stat calls), performs assigned duties under the direction of the Nurse Manager or Charge Nurse.
4. COMMUNICATION/CUSTOMER SERVICE: Reports patient complaints to Charge Nurse in a timely manner. Observes and reports any unusual changes in the physical or mental status of patients to the Charge Nurse as situations necessitate. Communicates with patients, families, and other appropriate members of the health team in a courteous and timely manner and following established guidelines and nursing policies and procedures. Refers unusual problems to supervisor as required. Meets Hospital customer service behaviors as they relate to the ten commitments, using scripting as indicated.
5. DOCUMENTATION: Ensure accurate, timely patient documentation according to established nursing policies and procedures.
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES â�¢ Excellent communication skills â�¢ Ability to work in a face paced environment â�¢ Ability to exercise patience and remain calm in stressful situations â�¢ Demonstrated record of reliability and excellent time and attendance record â�¢ Ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to providing care with dignity and respect â�¢ Ability to speak a second language preferred
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: â�¢ Graduate from a nursing assistant or patient care tech program OR at least 1 year relevant experience in any care setting OR Nursing student who has completed their first clinical rotation in nursing school, required. â�¢ A high school diploma, GED or equivalent, required. â�¢ Valid CPR Certification required from the American Heart Association, required. â�¢ Current Certified Nursing Assistant Certification issued by the Commonwealth of MA, preferred.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.